If you were to be me for this exact moment, your life would look like this: You would be drinking a grapefruit/pellegrino spritzer, listening to the new Backstreet Boys single on Pandora (Um, why didn't anyone tell me Backstreet was back? And why am I allowing Pandora to subject me to them?), admiring your new orange Ray Bans, which you're fairly sure will end up being your life partner, and you would be thinking a great deal about how you should be doing much more productive things than writing in your ridiculous blog. And then you would chuckle a bit, shrug your shoulders, say "Oh, Jamie..." and go back to writing. Also, you would have had Kix for dinner. Right outta the box. What is my life? Seriously.
I think I'm going to stay here for another season. Oooohhh, it took me about five full minutes and multiple backspaces and repeat typing to get that one out. The thing is, Maho will only be Maho for one more year. Even if the Trust comes through. Even if it actually manages to stay open somehow. It will not be run the same way...It can't be, really. As much time as I have spent here and as much as I have gone through walking around these creaky boardwalks, it would feel like a great injustice to leave for its last breathing season. Plus, that gives me one more year to really figure out what's next. My goodness, will I miss this place when it truly is no longer an option. Like an awesome ex-boyfriend who always still sorta had a thing for you and then goes and gets married. Suddenly, something you have always sweetly regarded as an option of sorts can no longer be that. Such is the inevitable fate of Maho Bay. To me, anyway.
Do you think Facebook ever realizes that the people it suggests you should be friends with might be people you have tried to avoid for years? They need to put more thought into this.
I feel very scattered today. I haven't been able to concentrate on a single thing since I crawled out of bed this morning. Cleaning my room would help, probably, but I rarely find that cleaning my room is the thing I would most like to be doing. I can always come up with something far more important or interesting. Like Kix or The Backstreet Boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment