I wrote this one a while ago, which becomes apparent. And I was feeling a little more bitter about life than I am right now, perhaps. At least, that's how I read it. Regardless, I like it. Ignore the bitterness and get on with it...
At some point, this all ends. The vines that peek over the side of the tent like they're trying to pull off a long glance. Like kids that climb Red Rocks to watch a show; Not really supposed to be there, but not exactly looking to leave. The sun hitting the driftwood that sits on my front porch. Sitting above and inside the trees. Strapless sundresses and tan lines three days before Christmas. It ends someday.
I spend too much time thinking about the past. Blowing kisses to ghosts. Wondering if it will ever again be like it was. Hoping at once that it will and that it won't.
I spend too much time thinking about the future. Questioning, rightfully, the sustainability of the life I am currently living. It's not sustainable, I know, and I dedicate far too much time to what might happen when the sand stops falling.
Live, Jamie. Live now. Look at your beautiful friends and your beautiful home and your days off filled to the brim with warm sun and deep breaths and just live. Once. Try it once.
No comments:
Post a Comment