So, let me tell you about Sundays. I work on Sundays, as I don't have a three day weekend worked into the 35 hours a week that my salary says I should work. I COULD have a three day weekend, but Maho doesn't quite work like that. So, I work on Sundays. There is nothing to do on Sundays. Every vendor or distributor or random human whom I do business with is off on Sundays. Every single one. So, any call I make will be made to voicemail. Any e-mail will be responded to tomorrow, when the masses return to their 9-5 jobs. Miss Emily works the counter this particular morning, which means the store looks awesome and is running perfectly without my constant supervision. Basically, I have nothing to do on Sundays except get paid to sit at my desk and surf the internet. I peruse the cyber world looking for cool t-shirt designs or touristy tropical knick knacks. I hate Sundays and I question the logic of Maho Bay sometimes...
In short, I'm bored. In other news, I have a tiny, jagged bit of glass in the heel of my foot right at the moment. It is inhibiting my ability to run (my genius brain figured out how to beat 5am Jamie. Drumroll, please….run in the afternoon! What a concept.) In my net-surfing stupor, I have looked up a variety of home remedies for splinters, glass shards and the like. The most popular and sworn by method seems to be putting a piece of bacon fat over it and then covering that with a band-aid. Apparently the fat draws the sucker right out. I have my doubts, but I'm willing to give it a shot, as I don't love digging around inside my appendages with sewing needles or tweezers. I guess I’m just worried about the critters that might be involved once I secure the scent of their wildest dreams to my foot. I’ll let you know how it goes.
It is a rainy, rainy island day. Strange for January. It’s been rainy for a while now, but as my manager curtly pointed out, “With all the earthquakes and hurricanes going on, I’m not going to bitch much about the fact that it’s raining a little bit more than it usually does this time of year.” Good call. Besides, I love a good rainy day. With my laundry done, my room clean and my toenails painted, I have nothing to do when I go home except sit. Read. Do crossword puzzles. Interesting, the kind of chill that is reached with no choice.
My sister just brought in a tiny branch full of mini-air plants. She said “I thought you would like these.” She’s right. I have the best sister ever.
Ugh, I need to get out of this office. Time to go eat junk food and affix pork to my heel.
Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment