Now what? If nothing else, that island taught me what I absolutely do not want. It gave me a clear outline of the type of person I don't want to be and a good idea of what happens to me when I become that type of person.
Evan says that there is a lesson to be learned from those 6 months. Nothing I will be able to figure out right now, but surely a lesson. Some piece of introspective gold that will reveal itself in the months or years to come, when I can look back at the whole experience in relation to the rest of my life at that moment and understand why I put myself through everything that I did. I wish I could fast forward to that moment. I wish it because I am sitting here in tiny Jamie shaped pieces trying to put myself back together. And I don't even have a reason for falling apart.
I am so excited for Colorado. Isn't that funny? A year and a half ago, Colorado terrified me. Now I can't think of a single place I would rather be.
This will be an interesting winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment